Thursday, December 6, 2012

Week 7


Hello Week 7! This week we are discussing Web 2.0 tools and their benefits. I loved all the tools listed below and I plan on using them in the future!


Twitter: www.twitter

I’ve always thought of twitter as a social networking device. I never considered the educational benefits twitter could provide. Over the past five weeks I’ve become more familiar with twitter, tweeting, and hash tags. I am not as comfortable with twitter as most, and it has been a little difficult re-tweeting and only using a certain number of characters, but I have become a fan.

A Person who uses twitter on a daily basis could benefit greatly from following professionals on twitter. It doesn’t just have to be a social activity. By using twitter you can have access tons of professionals right at your fingertips. They tweet about different activities, websites, resources, and so much more. If you need information about a certain topic all you have to do is look on twitter.

As I began to use twitter I found several professionals to follow. I also enjoyed following my co-workers. I would look at who they were following and add professionals who I thought had a lot of good resources. I found that Michelle Lundy‏@MakingItTeacher was a great professional to follow; she has several tweets with wonderful websites that contain great teaching resources. Fabulous 4th Grade ‏@LorraineVasquez was also beneficial to follow, not only did she tweet wonderful things, but she also taught the same grade as I did. I think it is important to follow fellow teachers, especially those who teach the same age group.

Overall I am glad to have the opportunity to learn more about the benefits of twitter. I plan on continuing to use this as an educational resource. It is nice to have a network of professionals at your fingertips.


Glogster:  www.glogster.com

I really enjoyed using Glogster. I could see the benefit of using this for several different units. It is a wonderful way to put a lot of information in one place. I really think that I will use this for my students for their computer assignments. This way they would have all the information and resources they needed in one place. I think kids would enjoy Glogster.
http://stormiewalker.edu.glogster.com/space


Animoto:  http://animoto.com
This tool is a fun, interactive, and creative way to share knowledge with each other. On this web tool you can make a video slideshow. You can take still pictures and video clips and turn them into professional quality videos. Great fun tool that is easy for younger students to use. Here is a student sample to look at:

http://animoto.com/play/seadouRVe1XYbZyhQNRK6Q


 I immediately fell in love with this site. I used it to make two games, but this site offers so much more. I highly recommend this site! What a great resource to use in the classroom and the best part it is free, no signing up required!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stormie! I loved your animoto presentation! I really liked the classtools website also. However, when I first saw the website, I was overwhelmed. It seemed very cluttered and hard to navigate. But after sifting through the links and samples it really paid off. Good job on your web 2.0 presentations! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete