Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 6


Apps seem to be the technology trend right now. I am in the process of getting on the app train! Since receiving my iPad I’ve been on the look out for some inspiring apps. I am going to share my top 4 apps that I love and I’m working on implementing in my classroom.  Since I am a visual, hands-on learner I wanted to do more than just talk about these apps, I wanted to show them to you! Please feel free to comment and share any apps you love! 

1. Class Dojo: The first app is my favorite. It’s called Class DOJO. It is a wonderful tool to help track behavior or students. Any teacher could use this.  This is a way to give immediate feedback, and because it is on your iPad, iPod, or iPhone you can take this anywhere. Fieldtrips, hallways, and anywhere you class may go. You can use this information to track behavior (good or bad) in your students. It is a wonderful tool to refer to when parent conference time comes around. There is so much to do with this app! I highly recommend it!



1.    2. Math Ninja—This is a math game app. Students can play math games to work on math skills. The games are designed to be entertaining and fun.  Students love the game they forget how much practice they are getting. This is a wonderful app to use during math centers. 














3. Nearpod is a wonderful app that allows teachers to share presentations.  Not only can you view the presentations, you can actually interact with them through polls, quizzes, videos, drawing interactivity, website-sharing, self-guided quizzes and more. What a wonderful addition to your app collection! You can use this across the curriculum.












4. World Book-- Wonderful Social Studies app.This app has a treasure chest of historical information, fact, pictures, media, and much much more! This app is a great one to use to find quick information. It is designed to list things in history by date, so if you like to give history facts each day, this is the app to have.  I highly recommend this app and think that students would use it constantly!  
***** Sorry couldn't find a video for this one!*****

Twitter:
Apps in Education: Making Student Videos on the iPad http://appsineducation.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-student-videos-on-ipad.html via @VAMCE2010 #ED50591UWA

2 comments:

  1. Hey Stormie...I LOVE the Class DOJO App! It has helped with classroom management in all areas. The students and I love the instant application it offers and they get a kick out of the avatars. This app is SUPER user friendly even for those teachers who aren't very tech savvy!

    Math Ninja is another app that I too recently downloaded. Thought I would use this with my strugglers to get then pumped up about math practice. Looking for ways to motivate them and this hits the spot!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ClassDoJo too! Wouldn't nearpod be fabulous if we had a classroom set of ipads for the students to use?! Think of the possibilities! Thanks for sharing; I'm going to check in tothe worldbook app.

    ReplyDelete