Thursday, November 8, 2012

Week 3



Hello! My name is Stormie Walker and I am a full time 4th grade teacher, mother, wife, and a graduate student at the University of West Alabama. I love my job and consider it a privilege to go to work each day. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family, shopping, painting, and refinishing furniture.
As a teacher I teach Reading, Math, Social Studies, and Science. I set out to teach my kids to be cooperative problem solvers, which is a challenge at times. This clip reminds me why that is so important.








I am learning new things and technology tools in my graduate class.  I am very excited to use them in my 4th grade classroom. I love to use my Smartboard, ELMO, and projector daily in my lessons. Students love to use technology and when you use it to tech new concepts it is a win-win situation! It is important to engage students in lessons.
Teachers say technology’s visual and interactive qualities can direct students’ attention toward learning tasks. (Roblyer & Doering, 25) I love my Smartboard and the fact that it grabs their attention, is hands-on, and fun! Here is a website to help you get started using your Smartboard sites I’ve found and LOVE!
 
 Feel free to follow me on twitter: @stormiewalker



 

6 comments:

  1. Stormie-
    The video was funny. I agree we need to teach problem solving as well as some common sense approaches to problem solving. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a chuckle from the video, too. Thanks for sharing the link of SMARTboard resources. I find my students are much more engaged when I can use the SMARTboard, so I am always looking for more resources.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smartboards,ELMOs, and projectors are wonderful ways to engage students in lessons. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete